St John the Evangelist Scottish Episcopal Church
The interior of the Church many years ago decorated for an event.
The Johnston Collection
A congregation in Wick for the Scottish Episcopal Church was formed in 1855. The Church was designed by architect Alexander Ross. The construction of this building began in 1868 and was finished in 1870. It became a B-listed building in 1997 & has seating for one hundred & ten people. In the sanctuary there is a pipe organ by Harrison of Durham & the Kirk has a well kept garden which is looked after by the Church members.
Visitors to St John's are mostly amazed by the stained glass windows in the Church as they have most impressive detail on them. This Kirk is well known for attracting people who belong to England as St John's Church is most like the Episcopal Churches in the south of the country.
The Church building today.